How MPS improves office efficiency
Liberate the working day
There’s no getting away from the fact that we all live and work in busy times – yet most office-based employees will tell you they’re being asked to do more and more at work. Chancellor George Osborne seems to continually be encouraging businesses to up their productivity and most of us are being expected to do more work than ever before as organisations become ever more reticent about replacing staff that move on to pastures new. That means office efficiency is more important than it ever has been.
Luckily then we have managed print services (MPS) – the print-driven technology that is all about improving workflow productivity. The goal of any MPS program is to improve workflow and productivity by improving the everyday processes in offices (as well as saving the organisation some money at the same time). So how can it be the saviour of offices everywhere?
Simple changes in an office can make big differences. Just some of the examples how are:
- Repositioning print equipment to ensure they’re easily accessible can drastically improve workflow and productivity almost immediately.
- An efficiently managed print solution is also super reliable and downtime can be minimised thanks to preventative maintenance and remote support.
- MPS also reduces the amount of time IT staff spend on print-related issues
- Consumables such as toner and replacement drums are delivered automatically when they’re needed – there’s no more storing of boxes to worry about and the administration of ordering replacements becomes a thing of the past
- Staff morale is boosted when machines just work – we’ve all suffered the frustrations caused by a broken printer
- Print, scan, copy etc all in one place
- The latest multi-function printers have integrated software apps that can be programmed to allow everyday tasks to be completed automatically – users don’t need to worry about simple tasks such as printing on forms
- Waste is minimised and costs cut thanks to reduced duplication of print output and automatic routing of print jobs to the most suitable print device – we’re only talking fractions of a Penny per page but it soon adds up
The next level
MPS can clearly introduce huge efficiencies to any workplace. But the real benefits happen when you take technology to the next level and go for a managed document service (MDS). Optimising document workflows provides a vast untapped source of cost-saving. At first glance, it might be difficult to see where these savings can be made, but inefficient hardware, wasteful use of resources and thousands of staff hours can be lost through inefficient processes and workflows.
MDS spots these inefficiencies better than a forensics specialist at a crime scene by analysing an organisation’s entire document process from how consumables are ordered, to processes, workflows and energy consumption, pinpointing exactly where problems exist and how efficiency can be improved.
MDS can enhance efficiency by:
Cutting costs: Inefficient single function technology can be replaced with the latest multi-function devices. By bringing together printing, copying and scanning in one device, fleets can be streamlined, reducing the number of print-ready devices in use.
Redefining workflows: By automating resource intensive processes, staff can be given more time to do the jobs that matter and remove mundane tasks. Defined workflows foster collaboration because they help people manage project tasks by simplifying business processes in an organisation. This helps create consistency, improve efficiency and productivity by helping employees adhere to these processes within departments, across departments and in businesses with multiple locations across a region or country.
Rapid thought processes: When employees have more access to more information they can communicate more easily and share ideas or solve problems more easily. When employees have the information they need at their fingertips, they are in a much stronger position to make faster and more well informed decisions, supporting the growth of the organisation.
This blog only really touches on the efficiencies that can be driven by MPS and MDS. At a time when we all need to work smarter, expect to see many more organisations taking control of their workplace by implementing the latest managed solutions.